Monday, September 24, 2012

dreaming


You know when someone tells you that it's really boring to talk about dreams but then they go ahead and tell you the most long.winded.boring.dream ever?

Well, my friends. I have been having a dream, a recurring one. But all I will tell you is this: in my dream, I can't open my eyes. Even though I want to.

Some folk suggest that not being able to open your eyes in a dream means that there is something that you either aren't willing or able to see or acknowledge in your life. Other folk think that stuff is just crazy.talk [that a dream is just a dream].

I was thinking about all of this today, as I was wandering along to the Post Office. Watched by a pair of Owl.Graffiti.Eyes.

Those eyes got me thinking about the things we see. And about the things we don't. About how we can bring those hidden aspects into the light. And also about how it's fine, just sometimes, to choose not to bear witness to an aspect of life or self.

[For a little while at least].