Thursday, September 3, 2009

brain dancing


Sometimes my brain feels like exploding from being so filled with brilliant ideas that make it jump and shake and dance all crazy.

I am a member of a small positive psychology reading group, made up of women who I think are just excellent. I am inspired by these people on a personal level, by the way they live their lives: kindly, authentically and in depth. I am also challenged and motivated by the way they think, particularly about this stuff.

I was out last night, at a little place around the corner. I was meeting My Lovely One a bit later but had snuck away for an hour alone with a glass of red and a paper written by one of my new favourite thinkers.

I sat in the window and watched the world go by for a little while, and then I started reading. And as I did, my brain started pulsing, expanding, filling with all these ideas that make my head shout yes!yes!

Consciously connecting to new or challenging thoughts can be brilliantly life-enhancing.