Tuesday, September 4, 2012

lining [silver]


I'll tell you what, my friends. There is sometimes something [a little something] to be said for being sick.Not super sick [of course]. Just A Little Sick.

I have been Very Not Myself this week. And with My Lovely One away I have had a tough time. [That may have been me, a little teary on the phone a couple of days back]. I have spent most of the week at home, under the covers.

But yesterday, for a short while, I felt a bit better. I don't know why. Maybe because the sun had come out. Maybe because my two favourite love-birds were cooing. Whatever the reason, I lifted myself up and shuffled outside. And I just sat there. With my face lifted to the sun.

Now, you know, my life is a little crazy. Different roles and clients and projects. I love that busy.ness. But sometimes I find myself struggling to pull back into the moment [into Nowness].

Being sick might take you back to being that little.kid.you, back to wishing that your mum was there to stroke your hair and say you'll be ok. But it also takes you out into the garden. It slows you down. It shows you love.birds. It reveals shiny.ant.backs. It opens your ears to the rustling leaves. It primes your skin for the feel of warm spring sun.

[it's not all bad].