Saturday, August 18, 2012

to do

I am a big to.do.lister.

You know: you write a big, long list of tasks, which you then tick off as you complete them, content in the knowledge that all your little ducks are perfectly lined up.

To.do.lists are useful in that they help me achieve. But sometimes I tend to focus on the tasks and forget about what is really important.

I was day.dreaming yesterday about replacing to.do.lists with to.feel.lists:
  • Nourished:[coffee + banana.bread + the saturday papers]
  • Challenged: [finishing that stubborn article for that cool mag]
  • Loving: [sending a parcel to my favourite five.year.old]
  • Satisfied: [completing my tax]
  • Open: [seeing a  movie I would never normally see]
  • Brave: [delivering a talk on a topic that makes my brain jump]
I would still get great stuff done. But the emphasis would be on what really matters.